Prosper Youth Hub, will be a rural/farm base organization initiated and led by young people from the farm communities surrounding Bronkhorstpruit.
The main objective of the hub is to grow and develop the rural youth to make the most of the available opportunities which can be instrumental to address the inherent social issues in their environment. The hub will help the local youth to access information and skills for gainful employment.
Prosper Youth Hub is currently being registered as a Non-Profit company.
The founder is Johannes Gama (pictured above) who was an after-schooler at Ubuhle. With the financial support of Ubuhle’s donors, Johannes completed a BTech degree a construction management at the University of Johannesburg in 2018. Johannes is currently employed as a construction manager at a large construction company. He is entrepreneurial at heart and is already running a small juice company on a part-time basis.
Johannes started an informal youth organisation in 2020 mentoring the youth on the farms with the goal to improve their lives in the following areas:
- Employment/starting small businesses
- Drug and alcohol abuse sessions
- Social support programs:
- decline in teenage pregnancies
- improved literacy and education (bursary fund so farm children can afford to attend primary and high schools offering quality education)
- Family relationships – improved conflict resolution and parenting skills
- Community upliftment programs – computer skills etc
Ubuhle Christian School is excited about the partnership with the Prosper Youth Hub. The Prosper Youth Hub will operate from the Ubuhle Skills Centre premises.